Electronics and Electricity Tutorials
Learn about electronics and electricity through the use of electronics NEETS
modules (Navy Electricity and Electronics Training Series) and much more.
provides you with a platform to learn the basics through the use of
online NEETS modules modified in a fashion that will help you better
understand electricity and electronics.
These modules have
been around the internet for many years and have never been broken down
to a more understandable way until now.
Learn-about-electronics.com presents the NEETS information in a way that helps the beginner more easily understand the format.
Once you have become familiar and comfortable with the information
contained in the electronics NEETS modules you may want to download the entire series for
your own use. You can do this from our electronics NEETS modules page.
it's electronics and electricity for engineers, technicians, student's
or someone that just wants to learn electronics, this is the place
Learn-about-electronics.com can help, and you can have fun learning and applying the knowledge you gain.
Today's modern world of electronic circuits, components, and devices have become much smaller than they were in the past.
The intricate nature of electricity and electronics circuitry in everyday devices can seem overwhelming to some people.
But, no matter how sophisticated or technologically advanced a device
is, the theory and function of what you learn here at learn about electronics still applies today.
Come along on a ride into the mysterious world of electronics (to
some), and the (familiar) to other's, as learn-about-electronics.com
breaks down the theory of electronics and electricity to its most fundamental roots.
Find out from seasoned professional's and experienced electronic
technician's the proper way to solder, desolder, build cable
connections, and troubleshoot electronic circuitry through the use of
electronic theory applications, online video's, tips, techniques, and
Learning the proper ways to troubleshoot circuit boards, solder,
and build cable and wiring are essential to the success of any project.
Adhere to the tried and true practices presented in the LAE
tutorials and you will be able to build your project or repair your
equipment with the confidence of a professional.
Practice and study the materials presented with an open mind and
do not be discouraged if you do not get it right the first time. Any
technician will tell you that learning about electronics is just like
learning any other skill set. You must adhere to the theory, techniques
and applications in order for everything to mesh and come together
From the seasoned professional to the student just starting out.
Learn about electronics can help you succeed in achieving your goals in
the electronics field of study.
So, have fun and let us know how you are doing by sending in your comments, suggestions, or concerns. Just go to our Contact us page.
Or, you can send in your favorite story, article, or video to share with other visitor's. How? Just click on the Join In page and we will consider your request.
Take your time to explore these pages.
Join the conversation. Become our new guests to the Learn-about-electronics.com Forum. Just click on the highlighted link.
Table of Contents
- Basic Electronics
- Basic electronics with tutorials on atoms, magnetism, and more. Follow along as I break down the theory that will help you better understand how electronics and electricity work..
- Batteries: learn how they are made, how they function and what types of materials they are made from.
- DC Current
- DC Current: What is it and how is it produced? What are some typical uses?
- Basic Electronic Formulas
- Basic electronic formulas: Learn about basic equations and formulas in electronics.
- Resistance: Learn about the opposition to current flow and the unit of measure is the OHM.
- Voltage: Learn how this useful part of our world can be produced utilizing six known methods.
- AC Current and How it Works
- AC current: Learn about the form in which electric power is delivered to your home and to other places like businesses.
- Capacitance: electrostatic fields and the simple capacitor explained.
- Inductance characteristics, electromotive force, self, and what types of electronic symbols are used to identify this in a circuit..
- Power, whether electrical or mechanical, pertains to the rate at which work is being done.
- Reactance: learn about inductive and capacitive conditions.
- RLC Circuits
- RLC Circuits: learn about electronics principles and formulas that are used in all ac circuits.
- Transformers: Learn how they are used, how they work and how they are constructed.
- Amplification: What is it and what are some of its uses? How are amplifiers classified?
- Tuned Circuits
- Tuned Circuits consists of a coil and a capacitor connected in series or parallel.
- Circuit Control Devices
- Circuit Control Devices: an introduction and the need for circuit-control-devices.
- Circuit Measurement
- Circuit Measurement: This section will acquaint you with the basics and some of the devices used to measure voltage, current, resistance, power, and frequency.
- Circuit Protection Devices
- Circuit Protection Devices: an introduction to circuit conditions requiring protection devices, direct shorts, and excessive heat and current.
- Meters: Learn how different types work and how each operates.
- Data Storage
- Data Storage: Learn about technology used for recording data prior to and in today's modern storage methods.
- Digital Computers
- Digital Computers: Learn about the basic principles, techniques, and procedures associated. In addition, learn about some of the history about these fantastic devices.
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Hardware: Learn about the various sections of a computer that are referred to as "Hardware".
- Logic: an introduction to the systems used in computers,general conditions, states, levels, and positive and negative as these terms and characteristics apply to computing systems.
- Microelectronics: Learn about the earliest beginnings of miniature components and the effects they have on modern technology today.
- Number Systems
- Number Systems: Learn about these systems starting with the decimals.
- Special Logic Circuits
- Special Logic Circuits Introduction: learn about the different circuits used in computers.
- Coax Connector Replacement
- Coax: learn how to replace a coaxial (rf) connector with easy to follow instructions.
- Electrical Conductors
- Electrical conductors and cross-sectional areas explained.
- Waveguides, an introduction to transmission lines, and the advantages and disadvantages of using RF plumbing.
- Gyros scopes have two basic properties: rigidity and precession.
- Servos have countless applications in the operation of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Synchros play a very important role in the operation of many different types of equipment.
- Fiber Optics
- Fiber Optics: Learn about the branch of optical technology concerned with the transmission of radiant power (light energy) through fibers.
- Optical Detectors
- Optical Detectors: The fiber optic device responsible for converting the weakened and distorted optical signal back to an electrical signal is a fiber optic receiver.
- Optical Fibers
- Optical Fibers: Learn about thin cylindrical dielectric (non-conductive) waveguides used to send light energy for communication.
- Optical Links
- Optical Links: Learn about optical splices, connectors, and couplings in fiber optic systems.
- Fiber Optic Measurement
- Fiber Optic Measurement: Learn how fiber optic data links operate reliably if fiber optic component manufacturers and end users perform the necessary laboratory and field measurements.
- Optical Sources
- Optical Sources: Introduction to fiber optic sources and fiber optic transmistters.
- AC Current Motors
- AC Current Motors: learn how they are used, and what types there are.
- AC Generators
- AC Generators: an introduction to ac-generators and rotating armature alternators.
- DC Motors
- DC motors: an introduction to the direct current type motor.
- Generators Introduction
- Generators are machines that convert mechanical energy into electrical energy by using the principle of magnetic induction.
- Antenna Principles
- Antenna Principles: follow along as we break down the types, uses, and applications of various antennas and the parts that make up the antenna.
- More Antennas
- More Antennas: array antennas, definition of terms, and phasing.
- Radio Wave Propagation
- Radio Wave Propagation: electromagnetic fields and the phase relationship of induction field components.
- Radio Waves
- Radio Waves: Learn about how an energy signal can be generated by a transmitter.
- Transmission Lines
- Transmission Lines: an introduction to the principles.
- Transmission Lines cont
- Transmission Lines cont: starting with reflections on a line and reflections of DC voltage from an open circuit.
- Wave Propagation
- Wave Propagation: How is it defined and what is it used for?
- Communications: Learn about the theory starting with the fundamental transmitter.
- RADAR, The electronics principle on which it operates is very similar to the principle of sound-wave reflection.
- RADAR-Parts: starting with the Synchronizer operation.
- RF Communication
- RF Communication: Learn about a way of radio frequency comms used by Navies.
- RF Antennas
- RF Antennas: an introduction on microwave types starting with characteristics, efficiency, and directivity.
- Diodes: Learn how semiconductors work and what types are used for electronic applications.
- Transistor Introduction
- Transistor Introduction: Become acquainted with the basic types of transistors, their construction, and their theory of operation.
- The Oscilloscope
- The Oscilloscope: starting with the cathode ray tube, the electron gun, cathode control grid, and electrostatic lenses and focusing.
- The Spectrum Analyzer
- The Spectrum Analyzer is used to examine the frequency spectrum of radar transmissions, local oscillators, test sets, and any other equipment operating within its testable frequency range.
- Tubes: An introduction and thermionic emission.
- Power Supplies
- Power Supplies: an introduction...and the typical power transformer.
- Special Purpose Tubes
- Special Purpose Tubes, typical multi-unit tube symbols, and the pentagrid.
- The Triode
- The Triode: an introduction to and a continuation of studies on the electron tube
- Oscillators: an introduction to and their classifications.
- Microwaves and the theory behind them.
- Safety precautions you should learn to live by.
- Soldering Introduction
- Soldering Introduction:Tips and techniques, Learn how to solder, desolder, and what soldering irons and/or stations are better than others for your application.
- Wiring Techniques
- Wiring Techniques: an introduction starting with stripping methods.
- About Me - Learn about electronics.com
- About Me - So, I started this site to help the beginner learn about electronics through the use of free online tutorials from my Navy years and civilian experience as well. I hope you find it useful.
- Learn about electronics Blog
- The Learn about electronics Blog keeps you up-to-date with new additions and changes to the Learn-about-electronics.com Web site.
- Contact Us
- Contact us from our link page to send us any comments, concerns, or suggestions you may have about this site.
- E-book: Download the free Sitesell e-books.
- Join-in by sending in your video's, stories, clips, and tips.
- Join-in... How? just click on the link and fill out the blocks. It's that easy!
- NEETS - Navy Electricity and Electronics Training Series Modules
- NEETS: Navy Electricity and ElectronicsTraining Series
- Our-Visitors: Read what other visitors to our site have to say. Add your own voice. How? Just click on the "Contact Us" page.
- Resource Links
- Resource Links: follow Learn-about-electronics.com information links on hobbies, electronic training and more.
- Sitemap for Learn about electronics.com
- Sitemap - Learn about electronics.com: Sort through our extensive listing to find the category you are looking for.
- Subscribe to this site. Find out what's going one at Learn-about-electronics.com